Welcome the New Year with a New Skin Routine
January 9, 2019
If there’s anything that more and more men are coming on board with, it’s getting in touch with their grooming side. Let’s end this stigma of attaching lotions and potions to product-hoarding women and accept that now, in 2019, men have just as much right to treat their skin like royalty, too.
To kick start the routine in the right direction, we’ve teamed up with skincare brand and experts Germaine de Capuccini.
Who Are They?
Stocked in more than 20,000 spas and salons across 84 countries and found in many of the world’s top hotels and spas, Germaine de Capuccini is kind of a big deal (and their experts really do know what they’re talking about).
Should you search for their laboratories, you’ll find them in the depths of the hills of Alcoy, south of Spain, where there is no shortage of whizzy scientists mixing up genuine, honest and beneficial skin solutions for their many, many customers.
To find out what products we should be using for different skin types, the Germaine de Capuccini experts have made us an easy-to-follow guide.
FOR OILY SKIN
Having oily skin is so common for both men and women, and at this time of the year (post festivities), it’s more than likely that more of us will be suffering from it. A ‘bad’ diet can really contribute to the skin’s oil production – which then further leads to spots and blemishes – so it’s well worth keeping on top of it if you can. Here are the products Germaine de Capuccini recommend.
Anti – Shine Hydrating Oil Free
- Anti-Shine Hydrating for Men is an ultra-light hydrating facial fluid.
- Contains birch sap, trace elements and olive leaf extract specifically for oily skin.
- Puts an end to annoying shiny spots and progressively balances sebum secretion, giving the skin a more pure, matt and uniform appearance.
- Short term: frees the skin from unpleasant shiny spots using a mattifying action.
- Long term: progressively balances sebum secretion using an advanced sebum-regulating action.
For Men Eye Contour Solutions
- For Men Eye Contour Solutions is a fresh de-congesting gel that works against the signs of fatigue in the eye contour area, such as puffiness and bags under the eyes.
- Works to prevent and correct the fine lines that appear around the eye area.
Aqua Clean Gel
- Aqua Clean is a refreshing and light gel that deeply cleanses the skin, removing excess sebum, leaving the skin supple and without any shiny spots.
- Used daily, the skin keeps clear & free of congestion.
- Great to keep in your gym/kit bag – always cleanse after a workout to avoid congestion.
- Moisten the face and apply to the face and neck with circular movements until a generous amount of foam is achieved. Rinse with plenty of water.
FOR DRY SKIN
Dry skin is another concern that can be affected by the seasons. Cold weather can really hit skin hard – the cold air, strong winds and low humidity of the winter doesn’t give your skin much space to breathe. If this is the case, you need to give your skin that extra layer of moisture, so here are the products that Germaine de Capuccini suggest.
Hydra – Elements
- Hydra-Elements from Germaine de Capuccini is an active hydrating facial cream specifically for men.
- Rich in birch sap and trace elements, Hydra-Elements restores the comfort of totally hydrated skin, helps to tone the skin and renew the energy lost through regular daily activities.
- Perfect for skin which is normal to dry.
Force Revive is a new-generation concentrate that works to correct and delay further signs of ageing. With more than 50% of high-technology ingredients within this product – skin looks younger, less tired, de-stressed and firmer within a matter of days.
Force Revive will:
- Protect the skin against environmental aggression.
- Help the skin to regenerate and repair itself.
- Delay the signs of ageing.
- Improve the appearance, texture and tone of the skin.
- Fade the appearance of lines & wrinkles.
- Achieve high levels of hydration the whole day long.
Finally, most men will have suffered from shaving rashes or irritated skin from shaving once or many times in their lives. This can be avoided if you’re able to get into a routine that softens, nourishes and soothes the face with and between each shave. Here’s how.
- Cool Scrub is a purifying exfoliator with microspheres. Specifically for men, it eliminates dead cells, excess sebum and residues from the skin’s surface.
- Apply once or twice a week to achieve a daily shave that is much closer, safer and long lasting.
- Skin will be less congested, more smooth, fresh and clear. A small amount is all that is required with each application.
- Use before shaving up to 3 times each week, apply a small amount and use a few drops of warm water to massage into the skin, rinsing off with warm water after massaging in.
- Supreme Shave from Germaine de Capuccini is an extra rich cream specially designed for men with dry or delicate skin and a tough beard.
- Very much a ‘treatment’ product, it will hydrate and soothe the skin while not leaving it irritated.
- Supreme Shave shaving cream is excellent on the most sensitive of skins. It’s very special texture allows a perfect glide of the razor for a shave which is smoother, closer and lasts for longer.
- Soothes the skin helping to slow beard growth. Containing ‘Castanea Sativa Extract’, a natural exfoliation is carried out that activates cellular renewal and restores the balance of the skin barrier.
- Skin will feel supple, comfortable and protected. Also contains ‘ Lauryl Isoquinolinium Bromide’ which slows down hair growth, weakening the hair and thus shaving is easier. Over time daily shaving is reduced – extending the time between shaving.
So, there we have it. A breakdown of the Germaine de Capuccini products and when we should be using them. Let’s make this a New Years resolution that sticks!
New This Week
Hey you! Fancy a bit of new?