- In 2013, 78% of all suicide fatalities were male
- Suicide is the single biggest killer of men aged 20 - 45 in the UK
- On average, 13 men take their lives in the UK every day
- Male suicide is at a 15 year high in the UK
- CALM takes on average 5,000 calls to their helpline every month
- 48,000 potentially lifesaving calls are taken by CALM every year
- Each call to the CALM helpline costs CALM £7
- There are 22,000 unique visits to the CALM website every month
TOPMAN is proud to announce CALM as our official charity partner
CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably) exists to prevent male suicide in the UK, by offering support to men of any age, who are down or in crisis. CALM seek to challenge a culture that prevents men seeking help when they need it.
Over the next twelve months, TOPMAN will strive to raise £120,000 for CALM. Approached as a combined effort by our stores and head office teams, plus through some exciting customer promotions, this vast sum of money will contribute significant help to CALM by funding an additional two seats within their call centre. Two extra staff operating the helpline will allow for an extra 6,000 potentially life-saving calls to be taken a year! We will also double the print distribution of the CALMzine – a quarterly magazine that combines accessible lifestyle content accompanied by support and advice for those who are seeking it.
For more information please visit www.thecalmzone.net